Sunday, September 30, 2012

COTM: Cherry Chip Cupcake

Yes, Cupcake of the Month is Back...But yes late (as usual)

This month I was just playing with this one. The boys all loved it.





Gluten Free Cherry Chip Cupcake
By Marcie Dingerson


1/2 cup fresh cherries, chopped (or frozen and defrosted if fresh not available)


2 1/2 cups gf flour

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

8 tablespoons cf butter, at room temperature (I use earth balance)

1 cup sugar

1 Cup Pumpkin (2 eggs)

2 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, plus seeds from 1 vanilla bean

1 1/4 cups coconut milk

Chocolate Chips


Directions:
Mix together dry ingredients and set aside.

Cream together butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin.
Add the vanilla to the milk.

Add a third of the dry ingredients to the bowl, followed by a third of the milk. Mix thoroughly. Repeat. Using a spatula, gently fold in the cherries and chocolate chips.

Scoop the batter into the cupcake pan using a standard-size ice cream scoop, and bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.



Frosting was buttercream. Powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, some coconut oil. I added some cherries. But then I wanted color. I had blackberries sitting on the counter. I tossed a few in. But play with it. I did add a few chocolate chips.



No comments: