by Baking Beauties adapted by Marcie Dingerson
2/3 cups shortening
3/4 cups sugar
4 ounces pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon guar gum
**Note, I made these well I was making dinner and put the dough in the fridge until after dinner, it worked well. Also 7-8 minutes of baking time was not enough, maybe because my cookies were bigger, they took more like 10-12 minutes. I didn't use parchment paper, I had rice flour down and I worked in small batches, it worked great, for rolling out.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large bowl, beat shortening, and sugar until creamy. Add in pumpkin, vanilla, and milk. Mix until combined.
3. Add in dry ingredients and stir until combined.
4. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
5. Roll out dough and cut out shapes.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 7-8 minutes or until edges are brown. Cool on a wire rack.