Sunday, December 12, 2010

Do You Prep?

Are you a prep-per?

So a few months ago, I was thinking, well wondering if there could be a better way at making dinner and baking. And thought about how easy it is to line up your ingredients, and then just be able to dump and dump and dump. Trying to cook dinner with three kids running around is HARD. I am always called away for this or that, and it puts me behind on dinner. Now I prep, and then I start cooking. It seems to be going a lot faster, which is good news here. Because you don't want hungry kids. They turn on your, and not in a good way.

I got these prep bowls and I went to town.

So take tonight's dinner. This is called Beef Bop. Got this recipe from a friend. We make this at least once a week here, if not more. I use 1 pound of organic hamburger, I get that started on low heat. I get about 2 cups of rice going as well and set that aside. Then I start prepping.

You get a three year old actually to do the prepping, but since I can't let him use a knife yet, I have to help him prep. But he can ground a mean ginger.




You can add almost anything to this dish and make it work. Tonight we used garlic, fresh ginger, leeks, green peppers.


Once the ground beef is brown, turn off the heat and start the wok. Let the oil warm up, add in garlic, ginger, leeks, and green peppers. After a few minutes, you add in the ground beef, and fish sauce, salt and a sprinkle of sugar. Let it cook down.

Serve over rice.

This is a type of recipe you don't need measurements. Honestly just dump what you want in it. You can do any sorts of veggies. I just had green peppers and leeks tonight. I love fresh ginger in a recipe. Depending on kids I can usually have this on the table in about 30 minutes.

No comments: