Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sugar Cookies

So tonight I got brave and made sugar cookies. Now I have tried 15 billion sugar cookie recipes and only one has come out. Give me a recipe I can roll out and play with. Now this recipe isn't perfect no, and you can't do a major roll out, but it works. You need to take it one handful of dough at a time, roll out enough for about two cookies. But it works. I made up two batches.






Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
by Baking Beauties adapted by Marcie Dingerson

2/3 cups shortening
3/4 cups sugar
4 ounces pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon guar gum

**Note, I made these well I was making dinner and put the dough in the fridge until after dinner, it worked well. Also 7-8 minutes of baking time was not enough, maybe because my cookies were bigger, they took more like 10-12 minutes. I didn't use parchment paper, I had rice flour down and I worked in small batches, it worked great, for rolling out.

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2. In a large bowl, beat shortening, and sugar until creamy. Add in pumpkin, vanilla, and milk. Mix until combined.

3. Add in dry ingredients and stir until combined.

4. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.

5. Roll out dough and cut out shapes.

6. Bake in preheated oven for 7-8 minutes or until edges are brown. Cool on a wire rack.

No comments: