Sunday, December 19, 2010

Raw Chocolate

So I made this recipe awhile back and I had a 3 year old eat every bite of it. He would NOT share one bite. I have to say I have been loving this book by Matthew Kenney I have to get my hands on the rest of his books they are amazing. But this recipe came from everyday raw.

Now I do not have a vitamix, although I dream nightly about having a vitamix. I was able to mix this by hand.

Well this is why you need a vitamix.

This is after lots of mixing.

Now I roll into a ball and squish to make flat disks. If you want to go to the trouble of making chocolate chips, well more power to you. I like to crumble it up through for cookies.

Raw Chocolate Chips
By Mattew Kenney

1 3/4 cups cashews soaked for 1-2 hours (honestly I use sun butter)
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt.

Place all ingredients in a Vita-Mix until smooth. Place in piping bag and pipe chocolate chips onto Teflex sheet. Dehydrate overnight at 118 degrees. Keep in the refrigerator in a sealed container until ready to use. (did I mention I have three kids? These don't make it to the fridge)

2 comments:

Elizabeth, blogging for SunButter said...

Hi, Marcie.
'Found your blog while looking for SunButter recipes. As a SunButter blogger, I love this one! Very clever adaptation. Looking forward to following your adventures : )

Adoption Gift Of Love said...

Marcie,
Could I use regular peanut butter? Is there caffine in the carob powder?