Friday, May 2, 2014

Weekly Update and Mortgage Challenge

My week started with us chasing horses down the street. I kid ya not! So sitting on the couch, doing emails and you hear the dogs bark. Not just any bark, something is wrong bark. So I ask Tuck to look out the window as I start to get up. Thinking someone pulled into the drive. He yells Horses! By now I'm getting on my boots, he yells horses going down the road. So Ethan and I rush out to try and catch up. Can't for the life of us get ahead of them. Luckily a car pulls up on the top of the road. So the one horse sees the car and turns into the last yard on the street and eats grass. So Ethan and I go around and block any way to the road. It was Ethan, me and the car all lined up. 

The neighbor was able to then walk up and get one horse. That scares the other and Tucker got him into the next yard. Then we paused, as not to scare the horse. Then the neighbor started to walk the horse he got home, was able to slowly grab the other horse and start to walk home. Ethan, Tucker and I walk behind, in case they bolt, they can't get past us. 

So the story is they horses were tied to the trampoline will the owners were working on fences in the horse area. One horse then realized he could move the trampoline, they walked it across the yard, taking out a mail box. Finally broke loose and went on down the road. Just Thank God that car stopped and that person stayed in the car. How many people would have gotten out and that scares the horse? Just gently and calm is what we need. No one got hurt and they got home safe.






This is a common photo in this house. 

24 hours after the running of the horses, I could not move. My back went out, my legs hurt, I was dead in the water. But kept pushing through as things need to be done. It's not Friday and I'm still hurting. But pushing through.





So by Thursday I was just having a week and done and burnt. So I called school off and we ran down to Home Depot and just look around at the garden center. Rumor has it they got a new shipment of roses in. Well no roses and I was bummed. BUT I found an orange tree I fell in love with.





And a lemon.




So today after all the errands were done and over with, I had just enough money to go and get a rose. So Welcome Blue Girl. She was on my short list. So she came home with me, with a dollar to spare.





She will be a lovely purple.





So hubby is home for a week. And tell ya we have LOTS to do. Yesterday he mini fenced this area in. No more having dogs in with the apple trees. Today we fixed the mini gate to the play area for the kids. Well hubby was fixing the gate, I weed wacked the very tall grass. After that we dug up the grass, we put down weed blocker, and for the moment we have 5 barrels in with the apple trees. The barrel's will hold our citrus for the time being. The area will be away from the dogs, and be watered good, and out of hair for the year.


As you can see I haven't touched the grass in the play area. A future project. Hard to believe there is weed blocker in the play area? 

So to the Mortgage. I am now trying to pay 132 a week. That will safely get us under 113k if all goes well? So I paid the 132 on Wednesday. I paid the Mortgage payment today. With everything we are at 119,163. In two weeks we will be in the 118's. Very exciting. 

We are also still waiting on the truck. Very scary. We keep saving, I keep hoping we walk away owing nothing. BUT what are the real odds of that?

No comments: