Friday, January 24, 2014

Spice Mixes



Last month I dug out herbs and went a wee bit crazy, making a few spice mixes. I need to use up my herbs so I can logically grow more! I did this for a few reasons. I never again want to buy a spice mix from a store. I want to know what is in my spice mix. I am also very picky about my spice mixes. So I wanted to test these out before posting them. But I will tell ya Ranch is my favorite, followed by Italian which we use in our pizza mix (recipe coming soon). 


Ranch Seasoning
(From The Fresh Energy Cookbook)
(First Picture)

1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1 Teaspoon dried dill
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix and use. 

Italian Seasoning
(Marcie Dingerson)

Equal parts of each

Dried Basil
Dried Marjoram
Dried Sage
Dried Savory
Dried Parsley
Dried Rosemary
Dried Oregano

Mix and Use. 

 Emeril's Essence
(www.thenourishinghome.com)
(Second & Third Picture)

1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy, use more)(I used less and it still has a kick)


No comments: