Monday, January 27, 2014


We made MAJOR progress today on redoing the front yard beds. We cleared the last bed. We put down new weedblocker, on top of the old weed blocker. Our goal is to get the beds much closer as we had so much room in-between the beds. We then put a line of brick. 

I got to tell ya I'm sooooooooooooo in love with what we are doing. We have room for 3-4 more beds. Beds are running 4 foot by 12 feet. So these are big beds. The last bed may have to be a half bed, which would be fine because during all of this time I need to find a place for my ginger.

We still need to remove the beds behind the wishing well. But we will get there. If it's not raining we will work on removing those tomorrow. We are picking up more brick on Friday and hitting it hard again next week. Once all the new beds are in place, hubby has to figure out a watering system. These beds need to be self watering and on a timer. Then during someones time off next month we are doing nothing but moving dirt. 

Crazy amounts of work going on around here. But I'm so thrilled with how the front yard is shaping up now.

No comments: