Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Well Happy May Day!

First my UPS watcher outer is Fired! Tuck spent two hours in front of the window just waiting and waiting, and somehow totally missed a big brown truck and someone walking up to our door.

So these herbs arrived today, these were my Anniversary present. But I had to wait until budget allowed. Well I finally saw my window and ordered. Welcome to the herb family: White Yarrow, Vanilla Grass, Epazote, Conehead Thyme, St. John's Wort, Yellow Lavender, Lavender Mint, Syrian Oregano, Variegated Spanish Thyme, Fo Ti, White Rosemary, and Pink Rosemary.

Wait until you see Mother's Day, I found a new nursery to order from.



Then for my birthday some friends signed me up for seeds of the month club. SOOOOOOOOO excited. The gift that keeps on giving. This is going to force me out of my comfort zone and grow things I normally would not grow. Cress is first up. I went out to the green house and got the zucchini, tomatoes and peppers started today. I know late in the season, but I"m playing. The Melon will wait. Peas will go in the ground within a few days. If you want to sign up or check out Seeds of the Month go here


The other day we checked out a nursery. Welcome Grapefruit Mint. Plain Rosemary in the back, can ya believe I didn't have a plain old Rosemary?


And Fennel Copper



Now before I get any questions about HERBS and so many herbs and why so many herbs and what all you do with them? It's not just about herbs, it's about collecting them and having a nice collection, beyond what you can get at your everyday nursery. I want a dazzling garden. I want to make tonics and salves, and just have fun. 

No comments: