Friday, September 30, 2011

Cupcake Of The Month; GF Red Velvet Cake

Well I don't know when it became September 30th, but it somehow did. I thought I had plenty of time to do this cupcake, but apparently I did not.

I have been wanting to do a Red Velvet for months now. This cupcake through is not a true Red Velvet, it's a really good cupcake, but I had ran out of beet powder, so they look like chocolate verses red.

I will be putting up beets here shortly and trying the recipe again using new red beet powder. Aiming to make it a true red velvet.

But the cupcake itself is very good. Every bite the kids took was Oh Mom This Is Good! Three raving reviews. So that is good enough for me. This is just a great cupcake, great form and one I will be doing over and over again. Just a great cupcake all around.




Cupcake Of The Month
Gluten Free Red Velvet Cake
By Marcie Dingerson

Make ahead:

Mock buttermilk, 1 cup rice milk, about a tablespoon vinegar set aside.
Flax Egg, Ground Flax, and sparkling water, mix and set aside.

1/4 Cup coconut Oil
1 Cup Sugar
Flax Egg
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Buttermilk

Mix and add in:

2 1/4 Cup all Purpose Flour, I used Bob's Gluten Free Mix
2 Tablespoons cocoa
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
Beet Powder, I just dump until red.

Mix, bake at 350 for 18-21 minutes. I did little cupcakes at 18 minutes.

Icing, was coconut milk, mixed with powdered sugar until formed, and mix with strawberry powder for coloring. I have no idea on measurements, I just dumped until formed. But this is good with or without icing.

No comments: