Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ode To Lori Bakes

Oh how I love Lori, as I'm standing here 11pm at night, high on Garth Brooks (CD Player, not in person!) and Diet Coke, with the music up way too loud, cooking away. I have the cookies for whoopie pies, I have marshmallows in the fridge, I have peppers in the freezer, I have jars filled with nummy mixes.

Yes, sadly I'm prepping for school starting. I'm hoping to do better this year with a freezer full of food, jars filled with baking mixes.

So tonight I am expressing my love to Lori Bakes, if you have not bought any of her books, then well what are you waiting for. Oh I'm sure you are sitting there, saying, well we are egg free, or corn free, or this or that free. I am standing here telling you, her recipes are beyond so easy to convert. And I do have to convert just about everything I have had to try. And everything has come out awesome.

So my awesome quick tip for those who are busy with kids in school is to make your own mixes and save ten tons of money. Just make sure you mark your jars properly (I know this one all too well).

Put the dry ingredients in a jar, mark the top, I can get these brownies in the oven in less then 5 minutes. It takes all of two minutes to make up 10 mixes. And for next to nothing I have ten brownie mixes.


Check out Lori on Amazon, or her website www.loribakes.com




1-2-3-4 Brownies
By Lori Bakes
Converted by Marcie Dingerson

In the jar

3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
2 tablespoons tapioca flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Seal, Mark and store on the shelf. When you are ready for some nummy brownies.

Flax egg
egg replacer egg (yes I use both)(mix both and set aside)
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup applesauce
2 teaspoon vanilla

Add all wet ingredients into a bowl and mix, add in one jar of brownie mix. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, I use a 8 x 8 pan.

3 comments:

Adoption Gift Of Love said...

I love this idea! If I used real eggs how many would I use? 2?
Flax egg
egg replacer egg (yes I use both)(mix both and set aside)
Thanks,
Moe

Adoption Gift Of Love said...

If I use real eggs, how many should I use? 2? I am not sure what these two products are below?
Flax egg
egg replacer egg (yes I use both)(mix both and set aside)
Thanks,
Moe

Marcie said...

You need 4 real eggs.