Sunday, July 31, 2011

COTM: Zucchini-Spice Cupcake

This month I went in a different direction with the cupcake of the month. I'm looking for something I can bake weekly for a quick breakfast for the boys. The boys are bottom-less pits, so this would be a quick snack they can eat in the car on the way to school, sort of thing.

And boy did I deliver. These are gone, I got Oh Mom, I got Oh Boy These Are Good. They love it with and without the frosting.




Gluten Free Zucchini-Spice Cupcakes
By Martha Stewart
Converted by Marcie Dingerson

1/2 cup Applesauce
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1 Cup Pumpkin
1 tablespoon Vanilla
1/4 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Cups Grated Zucchini

Mix and then add in:

3 Cups Bob's All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie seasoning

Optional 1 cup walnuts, I did not add this. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Cream-Cheese Frosting

1 container plain coconut yogurt
1/2 cup coconut oil melted
3 cups corn free confectioner's sugar sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix.

*Note if I had to do this again I would not add the oil. I wanted to add only 2 cups sugar, but had to add a third to get it thick.

No comments: