Saturday, July 16, 2011

Challenging Ourselves

We have set ourselves on a one year challenge. It will be a really tough challenge. Tougher then anything we have been through. I think if we crack the whip we can do this challenge.

There will be weeks where we fail yes, there will be weeks we go without this or that to make this happen. But the outcome of this challenge will be well worth it.

Our goal, our challenge will be to pay off the van by August of 2012. One year.

I think as long as we don't have to deal with check fraud again, and can keep a tight lip on everything. We can do this. I hate having debt. I want to be totally debt free. I hated having to get a loan for the van. Hated. I so hate having to make a monthly payment. So if we can tighten things even more around here soon our van payment will be gone.

1 comment:

Crunchy Sews said...

Good for you! I feel the same way about debt, although I really can't get around having a mortgage, beyond that I get very upset if I have payments owed anywhere. We need a new car right now and I have been unable to make a decision mostly because I just can't deal with the thought of three years of monthly payments. Once I do make it, I do hope to use your plan as inspiration for a goal of my own. Good luck!