Friday, September 20, 2013

Let's Talk Bread

So I got a new bread pan used Swagbucks to pay for it. And I finally got around to using it today. I used it as part of cooking Friday. So Ethan got to make the bread. We used this recipe and honestly I was disappointed. Not in the recipe, but the outcome of the bread and the pan.
 
But WAIT! What if I doubled the recipe? So since everything was out and the pans were still dirty, let's double and do it again. Funny how fast Ethan picked things up. He has yeast going in no time.  
 
 
 
Then dumping it into the mixer.
 
 
Then our flour mix.
 
 
Here is the outcome of both breads. Much better doubleing it.
 
 
OH so much better. But wait, is is slice-able?
 
 
YEP! And now I have a winner. I have a great recipe and a great pan that can hold a rise. Grilled cheese sandwiches tomorrow!
 


I used this awesome recipe

My bread flour mix is

1 Cup Brown Rice
1 1/2 Cups Tapioca Flour
1/2 Sorghum Flour
1/4 cup Pea Protein (I use split yellow peas and grind them up myself)

To make the big bread I doubled the recipe.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Its funny after 8 years gluten free we got use to little itty bitty bread. I made a loaf that was actually full size (the size of gluten bread) and we didn't like it. It was too much bread and no one could finish a sandwhich. We have gone back to little bread but if ever we have guests I do a double batch and make a full size of bread to serve them so that they get what they are use to. Funny what we get use to.