Monday, May 23, 2011

Allergy Free Sprinkles

Well I had a dilemma, nearly every sprinkle out on the market has either food coloring/dyes, corn, or soy. And then the one that is on the market that is safe has really dull colors. So I went digging on line and finally came up with a recipe, a very easy recipe and something I can do easily. I like easy.

Now in my life before kids, I was a cake decorator. So you need a bag to hold icing and a number 2 tip. I used a number 2 and a number 4. I will say I like the number 2 tip the best. If you have no clue what I'm talking about go to Michael's or Joann's and in the cake section they have cake icing bags and tips. Tips are numbered, I used a number 2.

I squeezed it out in somewhat straight lines. Now you can leave it out to dry for about 24 hours or do what I did, I used my dehydrator and they were done in hours. You then take a knife and cut them up into little pieces.




Allergy Free Sprinkles
By Marcie Dingerson

1 cup corn free powdered sugar
1 teaspoon egg replacer (I may leave out next time)
Beet Powder, I used about 2 teaspoons

Slowly, very slowly add in water and mix, once it's to icing point, you fill the icing bag and go for it. On the water front, very slowly, I added in a few drops at a time.

5 comments:

Katie said...

That looks amazing.

tgraeter said...

If you leave out the egg replacer would you just add more water?

Jeri said...

What a wonderful idea. Thanks. Love your recipes.

Anonymous said...

How would it hold together without the egg replacer? Thanks.
-elisabeth

Marcie said...

That I don't know, because we can't have eggs in this house. So I have never played with eggs.