Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It Didn't Explode?

1-2-3-4 Vanilla Cake---I hope?

So usually when I experiment in the kitchen these days things come out OK. But a few months ago I was changing over a recipe and somehow messed it up and the cake exploded in the oven. So I really didn't want to try another vanilla cake. But we on the gf board were trying to figure out a recipe and so I am game for trying anything once? So here is what the cake looks like.
Now this is untested and I will update after someone in the house has tested it. I do not eat my own baking. I have never been one for cake and cookies.
Vanilla Cake
1 cup oil----I used 1/2 cup applesauce 1/2 cup oil
2 Cups sugar
3 Cups gf flour. I used 1 cup tapioca, 1 cup potato starch and 1 cup rice flour
4 eggs
a pinch of salt
a pinch of xanthan gum
a scope of baking powder maybe 1/2 teaspoon maybe more?
I did add a little baking soda
I than added enough water until it looked like our cake batter I think it was around a 1/2 cup. mixed well and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes I would start to watch it after 20 minutes as my stove is not perfect....
Enjoy....

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Looks yummy! I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for posting it.