Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cracking Good Sunshine Cupcakes




So I did it. I finally did it. I took a recipe I changed every single ingredient and it turned out well? Really, really well. I took this recipe and made cupcakes and only filled each cup about half full I would suggest no more than half full as they rise. Really rise.

The second these came out of the oven I had three kids in the kitchen begging for them. The baby alone ate a couple of them. Out of twelve there is one left for hubby to try when he gets home. So they are 6 thumbs up.

Cracking Good Sunshine Cupcakes

2 1/4 cups gf flour mix. I used Bette's gf mix
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup spectrum shortening
1 cup rice milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

Combine dry ingredients in mixer bowl. Add shortening, milk, and vanilla. Mix for about one minute. Add eggs, and continue to mix for a few minutes.

Pour batter into greased cake pan or cupcake pan. Should make 2 8-9 inch cake I did 13 cupcakes with this recipe. Bake at 350 for a cake about 30-35 minutes I think the cupcakes took 20 minutes? Now these rise, really rise so keep that in mind when doing your pans.

Enjoy.
Update; Hubby loved them. Taste just like real cupcakes....

No comments: