Monday, January 12, 2009

Baby cakes

"These are gluten free?" That came out of my husbands mouth. He kept saying WOW. The boys ate them up as well. So I think my newest recipe is a BIG hit. This is another one by me. Yeah!!! Maybe one day I will open up that GF Bakery?

I will post photo as soon as the website allows me to....

Baby cakes (White Cake)

2 cups gf flour mix (I used Bette's gf mix)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 salt
1/2 cup spectrum shortening
1 cup rice milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 egg whites

Combine dry ingredients in mixer bowl. Add shortening, milk, and vanilla. Mix well for 1 minute. Add egg whites and mix on medium for about one minute.

Pour batter into greased cupcake or cake pan. Bake at 350 for a cake about 30-35 minutes for cupcakes 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy....

2 comments:

Becky said...

OK - I went looking for the GF Flour Mix from Bette and there are several - can you elaborate on which one you used? Did you buy it or make your own? If you made your own, can you point me to the recipe for the flour mix? Thanks so much!

tiffrutherf said...

Yes, I'm looking also..trying to make a birthday cup cakes, which did you use?