Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Flop



So this is what I call a flop. But I am a guinea pig and willing to try almost anything baking wise. So I found a website called Better Batter and wanted to try and do the mix on my own. So this was posted to try.

1-1/2 C White Rice Flour
1 C Brown Rice Flour
2 C Tapioca Flour
1-1/2 C Potato Starch
1-1/2 TBS Potato Flour
1-1/2 tsp pectin
1-1/2 tsp xanthan

I than took a recipe from the Better Batter and tried it. http://betterbatter.org/2008/05/yeastfree-jelly-donuts-sufygan.html

And it failed. It failed really badly. It was so runny unable to form anything. So we did doughnut holes I just plopped in the dough and hoped for the best. So they were crispy on the outside and doughy on the inside. So I will try the mix again in another recipe before I call it quits on this mix.

No comments: