Friday, August 23, 2013

Garden

The garden has kept me busy it's hard to keep up and blog about it. Today I spotted probably the biggest pumpkin we have ever grown. This first photo does not even do it justice. I'll take more photos when we pick it. I believe this is a howden.
 
 
 
 
Next, I'm starting to find Jack Be Little's everywhere. I have about 5 right now. Momma seems to have 1-2 babies a day. Keep them a-coming. Love how tiny they are.
 
 
Next, I'm sooooooooooooooo excited about the garden next year. I know I know I need to finish off this year. But with me saving seeds this year. I can order special things next year. So as budget allows I will be picking up a few special seeds for next year. First up I have Manny Cucumbers coming. They are a gourmet cucumber normally in Europe.
 
Seeds of the month came this week. This is ever so exciting. Corn Salad, Kohlrabi, Kale, Parsnips.
 


But right now, ever spare second I'm in the garden. Working on closing it down, well some of the beds, the carrots, parsnips, and pumpkins are being left for awhile. All other beds will be emptied as food is ready. So far I'm keeping up with the canning, freezing and drying. But it's keeping me busy.
 
Later I will have a major garden update, on what worked, what didn't work, and the things I'm a-changing for next year. 

No comments: