Sunday, April 29, 2012

COTM: Gluten Free Sunbutter And Jelly (Chocolate) Cupcakes



So I had this awesome cupcake picked out. I have been waiting all month to bake it. Of course like me waiting until the last minute. So OK I go into the kitchen tonight to bake, and guess what I can't find? The awesome recipe. So what is a baker to do? Create!

I have been wanting to do a cupcake like this, and tonight was the night apparently. I was ohhing and ahhing, as I'm dancing around the kitchen (again Thank God the neighbors live aways a way) and when I accidentally pulled my chocolate out of the fridge instead of the jam, I thought

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Great idea.



Some of these are just jam filled, some are chocolate filled and some are jam and chocolate filled, surrounded by a sunbutter cupcake. Seriously! Get creative. These are made to be fun. And yah napkins will be needed.



So you put half the batter in the bottom part of the pan. Add your fillings. I overfilled.

                                     
 
Chocolate

Covered with remaining batter.


Baked


Are you starting to drool?


Now?


What about Now?


Go and Bake!


Gluten Free Sunbutter and Jam (Chocolate) Cupcakes


By Marcie Dingerson

4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/2 Cup sunbutter (or nut butter of choice)
1/2 Cup Organic Sugar
1 Flax Egg (I just put some flax into a bowl, add some sparkling water and let it sit for a few minutes)
1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
1 Cup Tapioca Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

About 1/2 cup sparkling water

Jam/Jelly
Chocolate (I used my canned chocolate, I'm sure you could use enjoy life chocolate chips?)

I just dumped everything except the jam/jelly and chocolate into a mixing bowl and mixed. I put a wee bit in the bottom of the cupcake pan, I added the middle, your choice. Any jam and/or jelly should work, or chocolate. Top with the remaining batter. This recipe made 12. Bake at 350 for 18-23 minutes.

The sparkling water I added at the last moment because it wasn't in a dough form. You don't want the batter runny, but spoon able. 1/2 cup is an estimate. I'm a dumper and I was just dumping until I had the spoon able batter I wanted. You may have to add more or less depending on where you live.

No comments: