Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Garden Photos

The garden is in. Well kinda of, I need to update these photos. Since taking these I have added more raised boxes and we have taken over our neighbors back yard. So what we have now.

This was what we had last year, minus two of the raised boxes. We added blueberry's around the apple tree in the back right there. We will put strawberry's between the apple tree and the blue berry's. Our strawberry's the second box back there the big bushy green one. Our strawberry's are out of control as you will see as we go.
This is a new box we added, strawberry's around the edges' we were going to put in Tomato's but we have Garbanzo Beans planted instead. They are just now starting to pop.

This box is new for us. Just for Strawberry's.


These are our new pear trees. We won't see fruit this year. The buckets are now for the Tomato's which are in the green house now and will be planting later.



These are Cherry trees, now this year as well. The buckets are also for Tomato's. We have a lot of tomato seeds planted. Last year we tried growing the tomato's upside down and out of eight plants we had NO tomato's. How sad is that. So we are doing buckets this year.
This year we are growing:
Tomato's
Celery
Peppers
Zucchini
Two different cucumbers
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Peas
Green Beans
Carrots
Beet Berry's
Egg Plant
Beets
Squash
Corn
Pumpkins
Apples
Blue Berry's
Raspberry's
Potato's
Onions
Strawberry's
Watermelon
Cantaloupe
Sun flowers
Sorghum
Garbanzo Beans
Mustard Seeds
I'm sure I'm missing a few. Stay tuned as we go here? I will have a lot of canning and freezing ahead of me.




3 comments:

Autismland Penny said...

A girl after my own heart! I am so moving out of hot Florida and into your neighborhood! I too have a tomato plant growing upside down and so far have gotten 4 tomatoes. What's up with that?

Marcie said...

Better than mine last year. As we had 8 tomato plants and NO tomatoes. Now what was up with that? I am going to get some blooming tomatoes this year. Watch this is the year I get a 100 pounds?

nini2033a said...

ok, curious, have you grown garbanzos and sorghum before? I would be interested in trying to grow those. I have never seen seeds for them, I guess I would just plant the dried garbanzos after soaking them for a day? What about sorghum?
Karen in Marysville,WA
nini2033a@yahoo.com