Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Best GF Pancakes EVER




Diner Style Pancakes
By Marcie Dingerson

3 cups flour (1 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour and 1 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour)
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder (plus a pinch)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt

Mix together and set aside

1 cup pumpkin (or two eggs)
2 cups butter milk (I use coconut milk and vinegar set aside for a few minutes)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 spoon full butter I use earth balance.

Mix the wet, add in the dry. Now here is where it gets tricky. I often find it too wet even through I cut back on the milk, I will add in more brown rice flour until it's a thick batter, at times up to an extra cup of flour. The thicker the batter the better it will rise up.

Now I use a cast iron pan, it's pretty well seasoned. I find if I use a spray, I have a coconut spray in-between  pancakes. Get your pan nice and hot, do your tester, and turn it down a hair. These cook fast. They often rise after you flip.

I have doubled this recipe just fine.

We often have breakfast for dinner. The boys LOVE this recipe. Apparently if I ever loose this recipe I will be replaced. Well ok then....

No comments: