Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sewing, Weekly Update, & Mortgage Challenge

Yeah, Yeah, I know I"m running late this week. Next week I plan on showing off a sewing project I got off into the mail a few days ago.


I made this little thing for Tucker. Daddy said that mommy would make him a eye glass holder for his bed. But I couldn't picture it. Well until I came across a scrap piece of fabric and some monkey flannel scraps and this was born. It will not only hold his glasses, but some small babies he has.


And then the scarecrow. Oh Lordy the scarecrow. So the boys saw this guy and they were like MOM you have to make this. Found the pattern here And so I got the pattern and started to work on it. Now I don't have much luck with patterns. Still don't know if it's me or the writer of the patterns? So got the head all sewed up and all was going well. Got the shirt at goodwill, and the pants. Oh Lordy the pants. Hit three goodwill's, no one has overalls? really? so these are a pair of hubby's old pants, with me sewing on the straps. Now the wings. Got them all cut out ok, but the patten to place these? I was banging my head against the wall, wanting to scream. It's like really you can't draw a line and put them in order? Even hubby was going, huh? But they are wings, so I placed them and sewed them to how I wanted them. So in the end it was no big deal. BUT.


So he now greets people as they enter our driveway. But since we get so little traffic here, he may be very bored?





So lots going on this week. We sat down and went over some money issues. It pains me to pay pmi on the house and we don't have to be. Rates are dropping. And do we really have to pay hazard? After the math, if pmi was dropped, we could be reducing our mortgage by at least 1,000 a month. If not more. I didn't count in a rate drop. Dropping the mortgage total by 1,000 a month would be dreamy. Since we only want to move one more time, and probably move to OR. We are pretty much here for awhile. So since we are here, lets work on paying down the house. We also made other small money goals. Like upping our emergency fund. Right now it will pay for the mortgage for 3 months. Aim to have about 6 months by the end of next year? Small steps. 

So we have an email into our Mortgage lender, he will get back to us tomorrow with numbers. If we can drop pmi and our rate, we may go forward, if not, then we won't. And dropping hazard would be a dream. So we shall see? 


Other then that, school, squash, and sewing.

No comments: