Saturday, January 28, 2012

COTM: Allergy Free Devil's Food Cupcakes

CUPCAKE OF THE MONTH IS HERE!



NEED I SAY MORE?

Seriously that is one happy kid, he was going through some of my books and came across a Devil's Food Cupcake with white icing. Well needless to say the white icing BOMBED. It's a seven minute icing and we can't do eggs, so I tried to whip up some coconut, but that BOMBED. So I added powered sugar and that BOMBED. Tell ya my kitchen is a mess. I gave up and thought I need a white chocolate, well that ain't happening being allergy free. So what about chocolate? Nah too pricey for me to break into my enjoy life. WAIT I just canned chocolate, I wonder if that would work? A few seconds in the microwave and yeah it worked. It worked GREAT. So the icing is my canned chocolate here. These are for Tuckers tea party at school on Monday...Very exciting he has had a say in nearly every step of the way on making (and eating) these.

Allergy Free Devil's Food Cupcakes
by More from Magnolia
Converted by Marcie Dingerson

2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Buttermilk (coconut milk with vinegar set aside for about 5 minutes)
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup organic sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil melted

Mix

Add in

2 Cups GF all purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1 Cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix and pour into cupcake pans. I used mini bunt pans. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Cover with chocolate or icing of your choosing and enjoy!


1 comment:

Natalie said...

You have out done yourself again Marcie. Kudos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!