Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gluten Free Crepes and Snow

Well it snowed. Not happy about it at all, but it snowed. On Wednesday night, Ethan and I were watching something on TV. And Crepes came on, oh Ethan melted. So since I had the computer in front of me, I googled Crepes. Found a Gluten Free, Egg Free Recipe that would work, told Ethan if we are stuck at home, I will make Crepes. So we are snowed in and I had to make Crepes. They turned out really well. I cooked them up and I had the boys do their own fillings, and rolled them up.

Ethan had two and had butter and jam, Tucker had one, but he had Sunbutter and Chocolate sauce, Cole had two, plain. He is my plain boy. Hubby had butter, with cinnamon and sugar.

First here is the snow. Lovely right? Wish it would melt, FAST!




Then Cole came in and helped with the Crepes, he loves cooking.


Here is Tuckers, with Sunbutter and Chocolate.


Here is Ethan's, with butter and Jam.


Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Breakfast Crepes
From livingwithout.com
Adapted by: Marcie Dingerson

1 cup brown rice flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup rice milk
Egg replacer mixed with sparkling water about 1/4 cup water.
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon canola oil

I mixed all the liquids, I then stirred in the flour until well mixed. I used a a cast iron flat pan. The recipe said it would make 4, but I made mine small-ish and got about ten. When I put them on the pan I spread them out as thin as I could go, cooked really fast, and was really easy to make. The boys all enjoyed them and I will be making them over and over again. It's a great recipe.

Enjoy...

No comments: