Saturday, January 22, 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Blondies

So in the mail today was my newest cookbook The taste of home Cook Book-Cooks who care edition. I paid a whopping .69 cents for it. Yes, you read that right, for this awesome book I paid a whopping .69 cents. How? How you ask, well I swagbuck. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Mousemoe  I search every morning and every evening and that is about it, I search until I hit points and then stop. If I have time I will go and look for videos or something. About once a month I realize I have earned enough to cash in the swag bucks and get an Amazon e-gift card. I cash in enough points to get two 5 dollar e-gift cards. After they arrive in my account I go book shopping on Amazon. I have probably gotten my last 6 cookbooks this way. I look for used and cheap and I buy.

Now we are watching every penny here, well working on goal number 1. So this allows me to get cookbooks without hurting our budget. And, yes, I will admit I am a cookbook freak!

So in opening the new cookbook today, Ethan went flipping through it and he landed on Blondies, Mom you have to make these, seems simple enough sure! I went into the kitchen and whipped them up. A very easy recipe I will say.

Also today is the first day we have had sun in a very long time. Hubby and I were out mucking goats all morning. What a mess, from months of rain the poor goats were so water logged. We cleaned out the feeding area, we got clear down to the mats we put down before rainy season hit. Tomorrow we are working around the feeding area, clearing out all the old yucky hay.

Below, if you notice the blue water container, Jelly loves this toy, she has since showed Jasper how to jump on and stay on. So as we were cleaning, the toddlers were out running and playing and hopping all over this toy. They love seeing the sun and worry it will leave us as quickly as it came. So Below, Jasper is on top, Jelly to the right, Trooper to the left.





Chocolate Chip Blondies


Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Blondies
by Rhonda Knight
Converted by Marcie Dingerson

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup melted earth balance butter
1 cup pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix together and add
1 1/2 cups flour mix (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips

Mix all together and pour into a 13 x 9 inch pan. Back at 350 for 30-45 minutes. The recipe stated to bake at 20 minutes, I found 20 minutes is not enough. I ended up baking mine for 45 minutes before pulling them. They probably could have gone 5 more minutes.

No comments: