Friday, July 3, 2009

Strawberry Lemonade

Does this look good? Did you know you can can Lemonade?

Here you go. I use a steam juicer (thanks free cycle). Once you have 3 quarts of strawberry juice you are ready to go. I have heard you can put the strawberry's in a Ziploc bag with some sugar for a few hours until you have juice? I use my steamer I am in love with it.

Once you have 3 quarts of strawberry juice in a large, I mean large stock pan you add the lemon juice and water. Finally add the sugar and put on the heat. Once the sugar is dissolved you pour into quart jars, seal and put into the bwb canner for 15 minutes. Honestly very easy. My husband has all ready taste tested three. Isn't that nice of him? These will not last long around here.

3 quarts strawberry juice
3 cups bottled lemon juice
6 cups sugar
4 quarts water

Recipe Heat together, stirring until sugar dissolves. Heat, but do not boil. Pour into hot jars leaving 1/2" head space, cap. BWB 15"Yields 9 quarts

No comments: